To request electric service, please click the link below. After your request is submitted, a Member Services Representative will review your information and contact you regarding any other information needed. Service applications are reviewed during regular business hours, Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.Membership Application
- New service in a location that has never had service and locations where the power is disconnected will require a connect fee of $75.00 and any applicable county permit.
- If you are transferring an active service, there will be a $35.00 transfer fee.
- A deposit is required based upon the service location and type. Deposits may be waived for applicants allowing GEC to obtain a credit report, provided that the report demonstrates good credit history.
- Applicants requesting connection of an existing service will have thirty (30) days to complete all membership and service requirements. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a voided service application.
- Additional fees may be incurred for the construction of brand new services. Please see our Information for Brand New Services for details. To learn more about starting service to new construction, visit our New Construction page.
If the location at which you are attempting to establish service has never previously had power, the following items need to be completed. Please print and submit them to a local office. (Note: We must receive the original and notarized Right of Way Easement form before construction can occur at the location.)
- A membership application (link above)
- A Member Load Data Survey
- A Right of Way Easement (select one of the following)
- Information for Brand New Services
The following documents can be reviewed below: