Glades Electric Cooperative offers a variety of technical and professional careers. We think of these openings as lifelong career opportunities rather than “just a job”. As an electric cooperative, we share a deep commitment to the communities we serve and to each and every employee on our team. Learn more about the opportunities at Glades Electric in our Co-op Careers Flyer (PDF).
Enjoy a 4-day work week at GEC
(Monday – Thursday, 10 hours/day)
GEC is a drug-free workplace with random drug testing.
Substation Operations Manager – Moore Haven (Job Description) – Full-time position. Pay commensurate with experience. Open until filled.
- Please see job description link above for responsibilities and requirements.
First Year Meter Tech Apprentice – Moore Haven (Job Description) – Full-time position. Apply by 9/28.
- This is an entry-level position in the Metering Department.
- The Meter Tech Apprentice Program is an 8,000 hour apprentice program consisting of classroom, bookwork, and on-the-job training.
- Please see the job description link above for complete details.
Control Center Operator Trainee – Moore Haven (Job Description) – Full-time position. Open until filled.
- This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated individual seeking to learn a new skill set.
- Glades Electric will provide you with the necessary training and tools needed to advance in this career field.
- The position has established training standards and certifications that will allow you to advance through the ranks and grow into a Professional Control Center Operator.
- This is a 12-hour, shift position that works for eight days straight from Thursday to Thursday and is off for six consecutive days.
- GEC is a drug free work place and all employees are regularly drug tested.
Member Service Representative – Lake Placid (Job Description) – Full-time position. Monday – Thursday, 10 hours/day. (Opening shift starts at 6:45 a.m.; Closing shift ends at 6:15 p.m.) $18/hour minimum pay.
- We are seeking a candidate with strong computer skills to learn new software, a friendly attitude and outstanding attention to detail to provide exceptional member service, and good critical thinking skills to handle a variety of complex processes.
- For a complete list of qualifications and duties, see the job description.
- For application information, see details below.
- Application tips: Attention to detail on each application is considered a reflection of the quality of work you would do at Glades Electric. Spelling, capitalization, and punctuation are all important skills in communicating with members.
Please continue to check our website for updates and follow us on Facebook for announcements about job opportunities.
To apply for employment with Glades Electric Cooperative, Inc., download and print the Application for Employment (PDF), complete all 3 pages, and submit to us along with your résumé and cover letter using one of the following methods:
- Email (Preferred): HR@gladeselectric.com
- Mail to: Glades Electric Cooperative, Inc. c/o Employee Services, P.O. Box 519, Moore Haven, FL 33471
- In person at a local office in Lake Placid or Moore Haven
- Fax to: 863-946-6266
Employee Applications may also be obtained at any GEC Office. GEC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Statement of Non-discrimination and Affirmative Action
Glades Electric Cooperative, Inc. serves over 17,000 meters located in South Central Florida in Highlands, Okeechobee, Glades, and Hendry Counties.
Located in Florida’s Heartland, our area offers abundant outdoor recreation opportunities on a multitude of lakes, creeks, and public lands. Our service territory borders Lake Okeechobee, which is famous for its large mouth bass fishing, duck hunting, and outdoor recreation. The metropolitan areas of Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Sarasota, and West Palm Beach are within a two-hour drive for easy day trips to beaches and countless attractions.
If you have any questions, please call us at 863-946-6200, or use our contact form.